Portions: 4 portions
Avocados are fickle fruits, and estimating when they will be ready isn't easy. With this rich, creamy avocado dipping sauce, you can use avocados when they are overripe. This is the perfect avocado dipping sauce for empanadas and fritters.
By- Last revised . Published Aug 7, 2018.
Avocado sour cream dip.
Why I ❤️ it
Avocado is one of our favorite ingredients, a very popular side dish in our kitchen, inexpensive, and widely available. You will almost certainly love this avocado dip. It's a perfect avocado sauce for empanadas.
My favorite part is that the sour cream keeps the avocado from blackening, and this creamy avocado sauce has lasted over 24 hours without spoiling or changing color.
Sour cream and avocado dip recipe
This free recipe contains Amazon affiliate links, and I receive a small commission when you purchase, at no cost to you. Thank you!
Utensils and tools
Before you start, make sure you have all the ingredients and utensils ready.
Step 1: Mixing
Blend the ingredients in a blender, taste, and season with more salt if necessary.
Step 2: Serving
Serve with your favorite picadera. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
- If you don't have garlic salt, mix ¼ teaspoon salt with ¼ teaspoon garlic powder.
- There are two possible ways to make this sauce: blend it until it is very smooth and has a creamy consistency, or leave it with a little texture.
- Other possible alterations are to use onion powder instead of garlic if you don't like the taste of garlic. You can add some hot chili flakes if you want a touch of spice.
- You can substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream for a thicker sauce with a creamy texture.
- For storage, place in an airtight container, place a piece of plastic wrap touching the avocado crema dip, and store it in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. Storing for longer will affect the flavor and texture.
This is a great way to have some appetizers or snack ready in little time and with few ingredients, and you can serve it alongside corn tortilla chips, vegetables (like pepper, carrots, or celery), casabe, cheese sticks, empanadas, empanadas de yuca, fried tostones, air fryer tostones, crispy roasted potatoes, plantain fritters, or yuca fries.
If you're looking for a vegan, dairy-free version, you'll love this avocado mayo flavored with garlic and lime juice (or lemon juice).
Calories: 136kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 27mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 252IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg
Is avocado sauce the same as guacamole?
Avocado sauce and guacamole are not the same. Guacamole is a chunkier dish with minced vegetables in it. Avocado sauce has a creamy texture.
This is just a printer-friendly summary; some useful details are found in the recipe above.
Avocado Dipping Sauce |Recipe+Video| Dip for Empanadas
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt see recipe notes
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley or cilantro coriander leaves
- Blend the ingredients in a blender, taste, and season with more salt if necessary.
- Serve with your favorite picadera. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.