Portions: 8 slices
Fresh passionfruit is one of my favorite flavors, and I have tried and enjoyed dozens of versions of passionfruit cheesecake, each one wonderful, but I wanted to make my own with the touches I love. This is the result, and I am sure you'll love it too.
Why I ❤️ it
Let me tell you something; this Passion Fruit Cheesecake recipe is one of my favorite desserts of all time. I'm not exaggerating even a little bit.
Because I love it so much, this is one of the recipes on this blog that have been so well-tested, tasted, and refined. The fact that I love it and can have it any day had much to do with it.
Passionfruit cheesecake recipe
This free recipe contains Amazon affiliate links, and I receive a small commission when you purchase, at no cost to you. Thank you!
For the crust
- 5 ounces [142 grams] Graham crackers (digestive biscuits)
- 5 ounces [142 grams] blanched almonds
- 3 tablespoons [42 grams] melted salted butter (plus extra butter for greasing pan)
For the cheesecake
- 24 ounces [0.7 kilo] cream cheese
- 1 ¼ cup [296 mililiters] condensed milk
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup [78 mililiters] passion fruit juice (see notes)
For the topping
- 1 cup passion fruit pulp [237 mililiters]
- 2 tablespoons white, granulated sugar [25 grams]
Before you start, make sure you have all the ingredients and utensils ready.
Step 1: Preparing
Heat the oven to 300 ºF [150 ºC].
Grease the springform pan with butter if it is not non-stick; you can also cut and line it with a circle of parchment paper.
Step 2: Making the base
Mix the cookies, almonds, and melted butter in a food processor and grind until it turns into fine crumbs with the texture of brown sugar. Pour into mold and press the Graham cracker crumbs with a spoon or the bottom of a glass to form an even crust.
Step 3: Making cheese mix
Combine in the mixer cream cheese, condensed milk, passionfruit juice, and eggs and blend, scraping the sides with a spatula regularly. In the end, the mixture should be completely blended (3-5 minutes).
Pour the cheesecake batter into the mold, and even out with a spatula to obtain an even biscuit base layer.
Step 4: Baking
Bake cheesecake for one hour. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
Refrigerate covered for 3 hours, preferably overnight.
Step 5: Making the topping
Unmold the cheesecake and place it in a serving dish.
Make the passion fruit puree by mixing the passionfruit pulp and sugar. Cover the cheesecake with it.
Step 6: Serving
Once you add the passionfruit pulp topping, serve immediately.
- To make the passionfruit juice, blend 1 cup of passion fruit pulp and sieve to remove solids.
- To store in the fridge for serving the next day, do it before adding the topping. While it can also be stored with the topping, it tends to dry out.
- You can store lefotvers in the springform pan in the fridge covered with aluminum foil or plastic wrap. You can also freeze it and move it from the freezer to the refrigerator overnight to thaw.
Calorías: 611kcal | Carbohidratos: 61g | Proteina: 18g | Grasa: 34g | Grasa saturada: 15g | Grasa Transgénica: 1g | Colesterol: 135mg | Sodio: 650mg | Potasio: 691mg | Fibra: 5g | Azúcar: 44g | Vitamina A: 1268IU | Vitamina C: 13mg | Calcio: 332mg | Hierro: 2mg
How do you pulp passion fruit?
To make passion fruit pulp blend the passionfruit flesh and strain with a fine-mesh strainer.
This is just a printer-friendly summary; some useful details are found in the recipe above.
Passionfruit Cheesecake | Recipe + Video
For the crust
- 5 onces whole-wheat Graham crackers
- 5 onces blanched almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter (salted), (plus extra butter for greasing pan)
For the cheesecake
- 24 onces low-fat cream cheese
- 1¼ cup condensed milk
- 3 eggs (medium)
- ⅓ cup passion fruit juice
For the topping
- 1 cup passion fruit pulp
- 2 tablespoons sugar (white, granulated)
- Heat the oven to 300 ºF [150 ºC].Grease a 9-inch [22 cm] springform pan [Amazon affiliate link] if it is not non-stick, you can also cut and line with a circle of parchment paper.
Making the base
- Mix the cookies, almonds, and butter in a food processor and grind until it has the texture of brown sugar. Pour into mold and press with a spoon or the bottom of a glass to form an even crust.Set aside.
Making cheese mix
- Combine in the mixer cream cheese, condensed milk, passionfruit juice and eggs and blend, scraping the sides with a spatula regularly. At the end it should be completely blended (3-5 minutes).Pour into the mold, even out with a spatula to obtain an even layer.
- Bake the cheesecake for one hour. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature.Refrigerate covered for 3 hours, preferably overnight.
Making the topping
- Unmold the cheesecake and place in a serving dish.Mix the passionfruit pulp and sugar. Cover the cheesecake with it.
- Once you add the passionfruit pulp topping, serve immediately.To store, do it in the step where you cool it before adding the topping. While it can also be stored with the topping, it tends to dry out.